Date/TimeDate(s) - 09/24/2021 - 09/26/2021
9:00 am - 6:00 pm
* This training will be in hybrid format, meaning you can attend online OR in-person. We will be contacting each registrant late summer to confirm which option they prefer.
Brainspotting is a powerful focused treatment method that works by identifying processing and releasing core neurophysiological sources of emotional/body pain, trauma, dissociation and a variety of other challenging symptoms” (David Grand, Ph.D.). A “Brainspot” is the eye position that is related to the energetic/emotional activation of a traumatic or emotionally charged issue within the brain. With its researched results and growing reputation for efficacy and rapid healing (thousands now trained in 30 countries), Brainspotting is quickly becoming one of the most sought after therapy treatments available today.
Through lecture, live demonstration and practicums, participants will learn to do the following:
- Define the components of Brainspotting
- Utilize the techniques of “Inside window”, “Outside window” and “Gazespotting”
- Define how Brainspotting can be applied to Trauma, Dissociation, Sports psychology, Somatic conditions
- Demonstrate the theories and practices of Brainspotting
Trainings are open to all counselors, psychologists, social workers and others in the healing professions with strong clinical backgrounds, as well as students/interns in the mental health field who seek to expand their knowledge.
Training will open at 8:30am on the first day.
Training runs from 9am-6pm each day
R. Cassidy Continuing Education Credits
To register for Continuing Education Credits (CEs, CEUs), sign up for $30 through R. Cassidy (link here soon).
NOTE: CEU eligibility for Brainspotting psychologists is no longer accepted at this time as per the APA. Other therapists/practitioners looking to see if they can receive CEUs through R Cassidy can visit this link.