Date/TimeDate(s) - 11/12/2021 - 11/14/2021
9:00 am - 6:00 pm
LocationCraig Hall - University of Denver Craig Hall – University of Denver
* This training will be in hybrid format, meaning you can attend online OR in-person. We will be contacting each registrant early fall to confirm which option they prefer.
This 3-day Brainspotting Phase 2 training will begin with an extensive review of Outside and Inside Window Brainspotting and Gazespotting, with an emphasis on how to clinically interact with clients.
Trainees will be introduced to several important applications. This includes One-Eye Brainspotting including the use of One-Eye goggles. Also taught is 3 Dimensional Brainspotting using the “Z-Axis” of Brainspotting close and far; this includes Vergence Therapy which expands the Z-Axis to activate the vagus nerve through the ocular cardiac reflex.
Additional technical refinements will be presented including “Rolling Brainspotting,” with slow eye tracking stopping briefly on each Brainspot.
Advanced techniques will also include combined Inside-Outside Brainspotting where both reflexive responses and client sense of highest activation are used together to find Brainspots.
Day 3 will be devoted to the second level of the Advanced Resource Model. This will entail combining the resource aspects of One-Eye and Z-Axis Brainspotting. This addresses working with clients with Very Complex PTSD and those outside of the Brainspotting Window of Tolerance.
Techniques taught with PowerPoint lecture, discussion with Q & A, demonstrations and practicums.
Through lecture, live demonstration and small group practice participants will learn to do the following:
- Review components taught in Brainspotting (Outside and Inside Window)
- Define Frame and Focus Brainspotting Diagnosis and Treatment
- Demonstrate 3 Dimensional Z-Axis and Vergence Therapy
- Define and demonstrate Rolling Brainspotting
- Define and demonstrate One-Eye Brainspotting
- Define and demonstrate the 2nd level of the Advanced Resource Model.
The training opens at at 8:30 am on the first day.
Training runs from 9 am – 6 pm each day.
R. Cassidy Continuing Education Credits
To register for Continuing Education Credits (CEs, CEUs), sign up for $30 through R. Cassidy (link available here soon).
For an extensive breakdown of CEU eligibility, visit this page.
To sign up for CEUs (recommended: check your eligibility first), click here for R Cassidy’s registration page.