Date/TimeDate(s) - 02/03/2023 - 02/05/2023
9:00 am - 5:30 pm
This 3-day Brainspotting Phase 2 training will begin with an extensive review of Outside and Inside Window Brainspotting and Gazespotting, with an emphasis on how to clinically interact with clients.
Trainees will be introduced to several important applications. This includes One-Eye Brainspotting including the use of One-Eye goggles. Also taught is 3 Dimensional Brainspotting using the “Z-Axis” of Brainspotting close and far; this includes Vergence Therapy which expands the Z-Axis to activate the vagus nerve through the ocular cardiac reflex.
Additional technical refinements will be presented including “Rolling Brainspotting,” with slow eye tracking stopping briefly on each Brainspot.
Advanced techniques will also include combined Inside-Outside Brainspotting where both reflexive responses and client sense of highest activation are used together to find Brainspots.
Day 3 will be devoted to the second level of the Advanced Resource Model. This will entail combining the resource aspects of One-Eye and Z-Axis Brainspotting. This addresses working with clients with Very Complex PTSD and those outside of the Brainspotting Window of Tolerance.
Techniques taught with PowerPoint lecture, discussion with Q & A, demonstrations and practicums.
Through didactic lecture, video, live demonstration and dyad practicums participants will learn to do the following:
Participants of this intermediate level course will be able to:
- Summarize the research on client-therapist attunement in in-person and online psychotherapy sessions.
- Set and utilize the dual attunement frame.
- Explain the way in which bilateral auditory stimulation may enhance processing during Brainspotting.
- Explain the role of the allocortex and the agranular isocortex in Brainspotting.
- Describe the oculocardio reflex and its relationship to the vagus nerve of the parasympathetic nervous system.
- Demonstrate a basic mastery of the z-axis and vergence therapy techniques.
- Explain how the one-eye Brainspotting technique can focus and enhance processing of trauma-related experiences.
- Demonstrate a basic mastery of the use of the one-eye Brainspotting technique.
- Demonstrate a basic mastery of the use of the rolling Brainspotting technique.
- Demonstrate a basic mastery of the use of the advanced outside window Brainspotting technique.
- Demonstrate a basic mastery of the use of the advanced resource model of Brainspotting.
- Demonstrate a basic mastery of the combined inside-outside Brainspotting technique.
- Demonstrate a basic mastery of the second level advanced resource model of Brainspotting.
- Assess how specific advanced Brainspotting techniques can be used for complex PTSD and other trauma related conditions.
There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.
Training runs from 9am-5:30pm each day
R. Cassidy Continuing Education Credits
This event may be eligible for 21 CE hours for some therapists, depending on state and degree, through R. Cassidy Seminars. Please check eligibility in your state.
If R. Cassidy Seminars is not an approved sponsor of continuing education in the state in which you are licensed, please click here to find out if it is possible to receive credit for continuing education from an approved sponsor of another state licensing board.
If you are eligible for CEs from R. Cassidy Seminars, the fee is $30, and you can sign up before or after registration to receive the credits. (Link coming soon.)