Date/TimeDate(s) - 08/12/2022 - 08/14/2022
9:00 am - 5:30 pm
To sign up for this training, visit this link on Cherie Lindberg’s website.
Brainspotting is a powerful focused treatment method that works by identifying processing and releasing core neurophysiological sources of emotional/body pain, trauma, dissociation and a variety of other challenging symptoms” (David Grand, Ph.D.). A “Brainspot” is the eye position that is related to the energetic/emotional activation of a traumatic or emotionally charged issue within the brain. With its researched results and growing reputation for efficacy and rapid healing (thousands now trained in 30 countries), Brainspotting is quickly becoming one of the most sought after therapy treatments available today.
Through didactic lecture, video, live demonstration and dyad practicums participants will learn to do the following:
Participants of this intermediate level course will be able to:
- Summarize the research on client-therapist attunement in in-person and online psychotherapy sessions.
- Set and utilize the dual attunement frame.
- Explain the way in which bilateral auditory stimulation may enhance processing during Brainspotting.
- Explain the role of the allocortex and the agranular isocortex in Brainspotting.
- Describe the oculocardio reflex and its relationship to the vagus nerve of the parasympathetic nervous system.
- Demonstrate a basic mastery of the z-axis and vergence therapy techniques.
- Explain how the one-eye Brainspotting technique can focus and enhance processing of trauma-related experiences.
- Demonstrate a basic mastery of the use of the one-eye Brainspotting technique.
- Demonstrate a basic mastery of the use of the rolling Brainspotting technique.
- Demonstrate a basic mastery of the use of the advanced outside window Brainspotting technique.
- Demonstrate a basic mastery of the use of the advanced resource model of Brainspotting.
- Demonstrate a basic mastery of the combined inside-outside Brainspotting technique.
- Demonstrate a basic mastery of the second level advanced resource model of Brainspotting.
- Assess how specific advanced Brainspotting techniques can be used for complex PTSD and other trauma related conditions.
There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.
Training runs from 9am-6pm each day in Central Time.
R. Cassidy Continuing Education Credits
This event is eligible for 21 CE hours for some therapists, depending on state and degree, through R. Cassidy Seminars. The fee is $30 and you can sign up after registration to receive the credits).
For an extensive breakdown of CE eligibility, visit this page.